The benefits of having a data center at Cavern that is 100% underground.
- 125′ of limestone physically protect your data from natural and deliberate disasters
- Backup generators and fuel are nestled underground, shielded from ice, snow and inclement weather
- Facility designed to withstand a F5 tornado
- Redundant power feeds to the subsurface, away from the elements
- Concealed site with restricted access and limited points of entry enhance physical security
- Strategically positioned well above the 500-year flood plain
- Expedient build-out times that aren’t delayed by adverse weather conditions
- You’re sheltered from drastic swings in temperature and enjoy a naturally cool 68 degrees year round
- 100% underground cooling systems
- Save up to 50% on energy cost savings
- Controlled heat dispersion
- Lots of space available for expansion
- Everyone gets covered parking
- You never have to scrape ice off your car windows when you leave
Check out even more advantages of Cavern’s underground location.
SAVE THE DATE!
Thursday, April 8
We are very pleased to announce that Mike Starr has accepted a position as our new Vice President of Facilities.
Meet Mike Starr
- How long have you worked at Cavern?
4 great years
- What’s the best thing about your job?
Being part of the Facility department, we have a very diverse job. Maintaining power and cooling is a top priority. We are involved in most of the activities that are performed in the data center which makes the job very exciting. And we are constantly looking for ways to improve.
- What do you like about working at Cavern?
The staff and the clients. Cavern has shown to be the best teamwork environment that I have been part of.
- How would you describe your career?
Starting out in the engineering department in the Navy, I’ve always enjoyed critical environments. The data center reminds me of being on the ship in the Navy, where infrastructure is of the utmost importance and we must maintain all systems.
- What words of advice do you have for others in your profession?
Be an inspired student, have the spirit of flexibility, and teach yourself to focus (it’s a fundamental quality of very productive people).
- What motivates you to wake up and go to work?
My family, my coworkers, our clients — they depend on me.
- If you could pick one superpower, what would it be?
Remembering everything I’ve been taught.
Check out our new video!
We’re Here To Help
Cavern Helping Hands — an easy way to extend your team.
Think of our Helping Hands service as a cost-effective extension of your team when you need an extra set of hands on-site at your data center. Our dedicated team of engineers is available to help you with maintenance, troubleshooting and technical support. Plus our friendly concierge support services are available to assist clients and facilitate day-to-day data center needs.
Download our Helping Hands pdf for more info.
Building a hybrid-IT strategy?
Let the team of experts at Cavern guide you through the process. From best practice advice to finding efficiencies, our team can help you develop a strategy that meets your business needs and plans for growth.
Or call us at 913.227.0660.