We are dedicated to supporting you, your IT team and your business.
- Check your temperature and be mindful of any symptoms before arriving on site
- Refrain from handshaking
- Actively engage in social distancing practices by staying 6 feet away from any other person
- Ensure only 1 person is in the NOC or entryway at any given time
- Restrict access to essential areas within the facility
- Wipe down workspace surfaces when you start and finish work
- Closely adhere to hygiene recommendations based on the CDC’s prevention efforts
- Notify your supervisor or Cavern staff and leave the facility immediately if you believe you are developing symptoms
Connect with the Cavern Blog
Managing coronavirus-related IT team risks
We want to help you keep your IT team safe during the uncertainties of the coronavirus pandemic. We’ve compiled a list to help you anticipate the COVID-19 risks your employees face while managing your enterprise’s off-site data center.
We’re Here To Help
Utilize our on-site support to extend your team.
- Our IT services act as an extension of your team. A dedicated engineer can assist your staff and provide full visibility into our equipment’s operability plus facilities management data to keep you informed on capacity and performance.
- Cavern’s Helping Hands services give you 24/7 access to technicians that will assist you with support for your IT needs.
- Our NOC Services provide you 24x7x365 access to monitoring so you can stay up-to-date on the status of your network and mission critical equipment.
Meet With Us At These Upcoming Events
Cavern’s Spring Recycling Event
August 11 — Kansas City IT SymposiumOverland Park, KS
August 24-27 — Data Center WorldSan Antonio, Texas
Stay up-to-date on upcoming Cavern events, tech conferences and more! Follow us on: