Rules and Regulations
Last Updated: September 2017
Cavern provides Data Center or Hosted Services to Clients subject to the following Rules and Regulations, which may be updated by Cavern from time to time without notice to clients.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF CAVERN AND CLIENT
- All Cavern’s Clients and their representatives, employees, contractors, agents and users of Cavern’s facilities are subject to these Rules and Regulations in connection with their use of the Data Center.
- All equipment installation activities must be approved by Cavern.
- Client’s use of the Data Center and the building in which it is located shall at all times comply with the rules and regulations promulgated by the owner of such building from time to time, a copy of which may be obtained from Cavern.
- Client representatives shall not disclose the identity of any other Cavern client.
- The Data Center shall be kept neat and orderly at all times. Client representatives shall remove all trash and debris upon departure from the Data Center. Cavern strictly enforces keeping all corrugated cardboard material from being brought into the facility. Common storage rooms provide space for Client to unpack equipment prior to move into data center suites. Cavern shall have the right to remove and discard any trash and debris left in the Data Center in violation of the foregoing.
- At conclusion of work being done in the Data Center, Client shall ensure all cables are routed and dressed neatly in cabinets and all doors are closed and locked.
- Dollies and carts are available for use on a first come basis.
- Client Equipment must be configured and run at all times in compliance with the manufacturer’s specifications, including power outlet, power consumption and clearance requirements. All Cavern Data Center designs are engineered with use of blanking panels as a fundamental airflow control strategy to improve airflow through the equipment. Calculations used to figure both cooling capacity and power used in the cooling process depend on the customer using best practices. Any equipment found not using blanking panels to cover unused rack space in the front of the racks may be assessed an additional charge each month.
- No sign, advertisement, notice or object shall be displayed by a Client in or on the exterior of the Data Center walls, doors, ceilings, or racks without Cavern’s prior approval.
- No Client, nor any of Client’s Representatives or visitors, shall at any time bring into or keep upon the Data Center premises any hazardous, inflammable, combustible, explosive or otherwise dangerous fluid, chemical or substance at any time.
- No acids, vapors or other materials shall be discharged or permitted to be discharged into the waste lines, vents or flues of the Data Center.
- Client may not bring, or make use of, any of the following into the facility: food, drink, tobacco products, explosives, weapons, chemicals, illegal drugs, alcohol or other intoxicants, electro-magnetic devices, radioactive materials, photographic or recording equipment of any kind (other than tape back-up equipment).
- Cavern reserves the right to inspect all objects to be brought into or taken out of the Data Center and to exclude from the Data Center all objects which violate any of these Rules and Regulations. Cavern may require any persons entering or leaving the Data Center with any package to document the contents of said package.
- All connections to and from Client’s Equipment must be clearly labeled. Client may use Cavern’s labeling code or choose to use its own code. All Client labeling codes must be provided to Cavern for purposes of configuration control.
- Client representatives shall not approach, handle, use, inspect or examine in any way any other equipment but their own.
- Client agrees to cooperate with Cavern during any scheduled maintenance.
ACCESS AND SECURITY
- Only those individuals specifically identified by Client, and whose access has not been revoked by Cavern, may access the Data Center.
- Client will notify Cavern in writing of any change in Client’s Representatives.
- Client Representatives shall stay in the vicinity of their own equipment when in the Cavern facility.
- Client shall not access the building roof, electrical or communications closets, the Data Center ceiling or floor without prior consent of Cavern.
- Client and its Representatives may not misuse or abuse any Cavern Equipment or property.
- Client and its Representatives may not engage in any activity that is in violation of the law or aid in criminal activity while on Cavern property or in connection with the Data Center Services. Client and its Representatives may not assist or permit any persons in engaging in any of the activities described above. If Client becomes aware of any such activities, Client will use its best efforts to stop such activities immediately, including, if necessary, terminating Client’s users’ access to Client’s online facilities.
- Client and its Representatives may not infringe or misappropriate the intellectual property rights of others. This includes posting copyrighted materials without appropriate permission, using trademarks of others without appropriate permission or attribution, and posting or distributing trade secret information of others in violation of a duty of confidentiality.
- Client and its Representatives may not violate the personal privacy rights of others. This includes collecting and distributing information about users without their permission, except as permitted by applicable law.
- Client and its Representatives may not send, post or host harassing, abusive, libelous or obscene materials or take any similar actions.
- Client and its Representatives may not intentionally omit, delete, forge or misrepresent transmission information, including headers, return addressing information and IP addresses or take any other actions intended to cloak Client’s or its users’ identity or contact information.
- If Client becomes aware of any such activities, Client will use its best efforts to stop such activities immediately, including, if necessary, terminating Client’s users’ access to Client’s online facilities.
MODIFICATION OF RULES AND REGULATIONS
- Cavern reserves the right to change these Rules and Regulations at any time. Client is responsible for regularly reviewing these Rules and Regulations.
- Continued use of the Data Center Services following any such changes shall constitute Client’s acceptance of such changes.