Our Kansas City data center is a leading provider in the development, leasing and operation of build-to-suit wholesale data centers in the Kansas City region. Located 125-feet underground in a 3-million-square-foot facility, Cavern is designed to meet the specialized power, cooling and security requirements companies need to house IT systems that support their mission-critical business processes. Cavern provides tenants with unique business solutions and a value proposition focused on minimizing the total cost of ownership of data center and colocation infrastructure. Since Cavern’s launch in 2007, we’ve held the trust of our clients by retaining the best and brightest in the industry. To submit your resume for a position, please click on open positions below.
Cavern Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other classification protected by Federal, state or local law.
Network and IT Manager
Cavern Technologies, Inc. is a leading provider in the development, leasing and operation of customized data center suites in the Kansas City region. Located 125-feet underground in a 3-million-square-foot facility, Cavern is designed to meet the specialized power, cooling and security requirements companies need to house IT systems that support their mission-critical business processes. Cavern provides tenants with unique business solutions and a value proposition focused on minimizing the total cost of ownership of data center and colocation infrastructure.
This position reports to the VP Datacenter Operations, with close working relationships to VPs of Facilities Engineering and Sales. The position is a hands-on technical operations role responsible for administering and supporting on-premise systems and understanding of cloud hosted environments. Candidate must be knowledgeable of new technologies including cloud on ramping, private cloud and hybrid environments in order to support datacenter evolution into these areas.
Cavern Technologies is a dynamic and growing corporation and candidate must be comfortable working in a fast paced environment.
- Manage current network service and ISP product offering at Cavern. Collaborate with and manage outsourced network services partner including day-to-day operations, change control, maintenance, documentation and special projects.
- Manage all network related service requests. Define, prioritize and resolve requests in an organized, efficient and expedited manner. Coordinate and communicate with clients, network services partner, carriers and vendors.
- Respond to and manage all cross connect requests. Coordinate with facilities, run cabling, test, and ensure proper labeling.
- Provide onsite expertise to clients and prospects for new network technologies including cloud on ramping, private cloud and hybrid environments.
- Provide IT support in a traditional help desk environment, including provisioning new equipment, operating systems, applications and peripherals.
- Minimum 3 years of network experience; datacenter specific experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or IT related field
- Willingness to work flexible hours including nights, weekends and holidays
- Excellent knowledge of technical management, information analysis and computer hardware/software systems
- Hands-on experience with computer networks, network administration and network installation
- Knowledge of upcoming network solutions within cloud and hybrid environments
- Self-motivated, capable of working with limited supervision, proactively reporting on status and tasks
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to operate in a rapidly changing environment with urgency, ownership and accountability
- Ability to identify inefficiencies and provide solutions to improve internal systems and processes
- Comprehensive medical and dental insurance
- Voluntary life insurance
- Short and long-term disability
- Vision Plan
- Bonus Plan
- 401k Plan and Company Match
- Paid Personal Time Off and Holidays
For more information on our company, click here. Cavern Technologies requires a background check prior to appointment to a designated position.
Email resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org OR
17501 W. 98th Street
Lenexa, KS 66219